4/10/2019 0 Comments
I´m going to film a YouTube video with Marlene about the expectations you have about your exchange year and what the reality looks like! So stay tuned!
so I thought that it would be harder to stay in touch with Germany than it actually is. I knew that I won´t talk to all of my friends while i´m here and thats exactly what happened. I´m in touch with my 3-4 closest friends and my family and thats it. I´m actually kinda happy about that because thats how you figure out who your real friends are :) I know that when I´m back I´ll still get along well with the same people but I just don´t need to text with them every day.
The only super annoying thing is the time difference. Germany is 6 hours ahead so if I need somebody to talk to they are all asleep already because I don´t get home until 6pm and so thats Midnight in Germany...
So today is the last day of school and then we have a whole week of spring break. I´m going on a Missions trip with my church, tell me what you will be doing!!
So since I don´t know what my next YouTube video could be, go send me Dm´s on Instagram!!!
I personally started packing my suitcase about a week before I came here. That might seem like a lot of time to pack but you will always realize that you forgot something. So now you still have a whole week to buy all the stuff you still need.
Here are some things that you should remember when packing your suitcase:
5. Pictures of family and friends
6. Candy or food from your country
8. Make-up the Country you´ll stay might not have
9. Room decorations
10. Medicine you take often
hey guys, get excited for my next YouTube video on Monday, it is gonna be amazing!!!
Do you think about studying abroad for a Semester or a whole year?
Then read this blog to prepare yourself perfectly!
First you need to follow all these steps:
1. inquire about agencies
2. choose an agencie you trust
3. decide if you want to do the "classic" or "select"
4. For the "select" program: (if you are doing the Classic Programm skip to step )
5. Your Agency will help you decide on the state you want to go for your hischool year abroad
6. After you decided on a State you have to decide on a school
7. Now you have to get in Tuch with school and apply to it
8. Depending on the school you decided on you might have to take an entrance test
9. In my case I also had to do an Skype Interview with my school where they wanted to see how good my English is
10. After you hopefully got accepted at you school nothing happens for longer time
11. Depending on where you are going you might have to write a host family letter
12. Now you have to book a flight to your exchange year Destination
13. About a month before your year abroad starts you have to apply for a visa (I got mine in Berlin but you can get it whatever embassy is losest to you
14. After your Passpost with you visa is sent back home to you are good to go
As you can see it is a lot of work to prepare for your exchange year so it is you who should want to do it!!
All of the work was definitely worth it and I would recommend an exchange year to absolutely everybody !!!
Since almost everybody at my school does any kind of sports I´m also doing one. I am doing track and field and it´s actually pretty hard. We have practice every day and ist from 3:20pm to 5:15pm. Tuesdays and Thursdays we are doing a weight training workout and the rest of the week we run, sprint or practice field events.
Because I´m a semester only student I´m not allowed to take part at any meets but I heard that they are super fun. I think it´s super sad I´m not allowed to take part at the races but I´m happy that I am able to be a part of the Team. I´m planning on going to one of the meets soon to cheer everybody though :)
Today I´ll tell you about some of the things that have happend the past 2 months. So I´m kinda getting used to everything here and everything becomes routine. I made lots of friends and school is also going fine. I´m going to church every Sunday and for the past 4 weeks I also went on Wednesdays. On Saturdays im usually meeting friends or I´m doing homework at home. We have way more homework and tests here than in Germany so I´m always super busy with school. Overall I feel super comfortable here and I already regnet only coming for one semester. scroll down to see some pictures I took the past weeks:
I´m in Florida for already 3 weeks now and it feels like I just arrived yesterday! If you want to know what I have already experienced in that short time you´re welcome to read my blog entry about my first week.
My first week
On Tuesday I had my first real school day and to be honest my whole first school week was kinda exhausting because I didn´t know where my classes where and i didn´t have any friends yet.
But that became better day by day! At the end of the week I already knew some people and I wasn´t as lost as I was on my first day anymore!
My next two blogs are going to be about my Second and my third week here in Florida so if you want to see what other exciting things Ive already experiences, stay tuned!!!
So that was my very first blog entry! I hope that you are going to read all the coming posts and that you could get a good Impression on my first week here in west Palm Beach! See ya next week!